Power companies from all over the country have worked all hours and restored our neighborhood. They continue to bring Houston back online as I type this. Seeing good honest hard, working people dedicate themselves to helping you sure stirs your spirit. I am so grateful. To them but also to their families left at home while they save the day here in Houston: THANK YOU.
We went without power until night before last. It was a long hot sticky time. We were lucky to have a generator to bridge the gap. Then last night the power flickered on and off for hours. It was a well-marked evening, as we all lingered in Paige and Graham's bedroom around their bedtime. Graham's Sigmund Webkin (that's a stuffed polar bear) proved to be the perfect bait for Ev to toddle around the room Frankenstein-style to the delight and admiration of the rest of her family. We clapped and oohed and ahhed for a long time before giving up on the power coming back on. Deflated, Al and I took the toddling wonder out of the twins' room, and we grown-ups never did settle all night until the power was brought back on yet again. Meantime, Paige had a copiously-bloody nose which required a complete bedsheet change in her room and a lot of cleaning in the master bedroom, too. Poor thing. Oh so much to catch up on. But for now, sleep.
4 comments:
Glad to see you back Steph!! We were all getting worried.
(((HUGS)))
Lisasim
Glad you're back online, in more ways than one.
Can't wait to see a video of Evie toddling around.
Well said. We noticed vehicles from NY,PA,MA,GA,FL,CT, and others I cannot recall over the last week as we moved up and down San Felipe.
Honestly, it made me proud of our country for the response, There are some really caring folks.
Thanks to all of them and their families.
Oh, poor Paige with the bloody nose. I do believe I had one of those every single day of kindergarten. It soon was routine for me, my classmates, and my teacher, to have me running bloody to the tissue box. What a yucky feeling, all that blood running down the back of your throat. I was so scared once when it wouldn't stop and M&D said they'd have to take me to the hospital. I couldn't imagine what horrible thing they'd do to my nose to make it stop (something about electricity and burning?). But it did eventually stop, as it always did. I hope it is not so severe for PK!
Post a Comment