So we leave the country and our power is knocked out by a hurricane and the stock market threatens to go to near 1929 turmoil. Holy cow, blog fans, how much do we take for granted?
We are seriously returning to a Disaster Area with little sign that things will return to normal anytime soon. Our home has been without power since Friday night. Power lines still block the streets in our neighborhood and the grocery stores are sending emails to let us know they are up and running, albeit with a limited quantity of refrigerated goods. The CDC even sent a note through my cell phone network that alerted me while I was in London that upon my return I should boil the tap water before I drink it or use it. What?!?!
We had a good time in London...as good a time as you can have when you leave your baby for the first time EVER in a HURRICANE. Lucky for me, I was in constant contact with my parents and they kept her safe, dry and happy. She returned their kindness by being her amazing, adorable, kiss-throwing, Chihuahua-lovin/singing self.
Only a few things in life matter.
4 comments:
Glad you are all home safe.
Did those newly planted tomatoes (and the rest of the garden) survive the storm??
Glad you're home safe, and hope the clean-up/repairs go QUICKLY!
Josie
Be careful even now Steph! Glad you are home! Thinking of you!
Regan
Steph,
I hope things are okay for you. Thinking of you and your family.
Post a Comment