Oh, boy, I'm wiped out. There is a much more exciting version of my life than the one that makes its way to this blog -- namely, the REAL THING> I'm just so exhausted that I can't really do much more than slap up a couple of pics. Okay, now that I typed that I have stirred something within me that will force me to rally and type. Well, the day started with an hour phone call to Time Warner Cable. That is really a good way to get yourself all pissy. Luckily it got better from there. While we were out, Al met with the IT folks and they fixed our router. now I am back online after two nights of no internet access. Thank you, husband-o-mine, thank you!!!!
It really made me realize the extent to which I use the internet. I use it for shopping, catching up with friends/family, getting phone numbers, directions, information, and photography to name a few.
So without the help of the internet, but with the help of my Range Rover's GPS, we went down to Kemah and had lunch at the Boardwalk. It was impressive! We had a nice seafood lunch and strolled around. The kids are dying to go back and ride more of the carnival rides. They were so ecstatic when Grandad sprang for tickets to ride the little red train. Then we had a blast riding the train all around the boardwalk and MAGICALLY encountering Grandad at all the Xings. He must have jogged off his lunch! It was so sweet.
We dropped Nana & Gdad off at their monstrous boat and then crossed Galveston Island to park on the Sea Wall side.
It really made me realize the extent to which I use the internet. I use it for shopping, catching up with friends/family, getting phone numbers, directions, information, and photography to name a few.
So without the help of the internet, but with the help of my Range Rover's GPS, we went down to Kemah and had lunch at the Boardwalk. It was impressive! We had a nice seafood lunch and strolled around. The kids are dying to go back and ride more of the carnival rides. They were so ecstatic when Grandad sprang for tickets to ride the little red train. Then we had a blast riding the train all around the boardwalk and MAGICALLY encountering Grandad at all the Xings. He must have jogged off his lunch! It was so sweet.
We dropped Nana & Gdad off at their monstrous boat and then crossed Galveston Island to park on the Sea Wall side.
Running to see the train!

Think these two just might be birds of a feather?!?!?! Spooky resemblance...

We enjoyed an hour of meandering, prancing and squealing on the beach before heading home to Daddy.
The nap didn't happen today, so we were all very tired by evening. I got them tucked in bed, made spaghetti with red sauce and we're calling it a night. p.s. Jenn I spattered tomato sauce on the new backsplash tonight (gasp!) just after your request for pics. Al tidied up tonight, so in the morning I will snap a few pics of the finished product all clean and sparkly.
7 comments:
What fun on the beach! I love the one of them running together across the sand.....so sweet. I'm glad it was a good 'Bon Voyage'for Nana and Grandad!
That was a TERRIFIC post=)
Love,
Bevie
I was just thinking and about to write the same thing,Bevie!! what a joy to read,Steph. and I'm glad that you found the energy to send the pics which are quite delightful...I must mention here that your Dad looks the best I have seen him for a long time...well done,Eric...and who,pray, is the young woman carrying Paige? don't tell your Mom.xxx
Steph they are beautiful pics, I agree the one of them running on the beach is so lovely, and it was fab to see your mum and dad looking so great.
I came back to look at this post...and just noticed the last picture in detail. Paige looks like a lil ballerina...pointing her toe in the sand in such a way. Such a sweetie!
Is this not the funest age?
Love-Bevie
Three cheers for Al, for getting Steph back online so she can give us our daily dose of PGD&M, and for cleaning the backsplash so we can have pics tomorrow.
I really love the last 2 photos, esp the one of them running away on the sand. From Here to Eternity, eh?
me again!! I am going to put the piccy of them running along the beach as "Who dat following us?"...."Our shadows of course!" :o) good innit?? xx
You really have a talent for taking photos, Steph. And such beautiful, charming subjects, too! These pictures really give you a sense of the frivolity P&G enjoyed on the beach. Thanks.
Post a Comment