08 April 2008

the blog must go on...

On Graham: Why do I feel like we start out each day chanting, No Whammies! No Whammies! No Whammies!? Well, Whammy repeat on Monday. My dear boy, along with a co-conspirator, was pretending a barrel was a cannon and the pebbles were shot. Darn those Caldecott Award winning books. He was sent home. I was livid and actually broke down in tears. Turns out that was the consequence he needed. When I asked him what he thought about all the way home in silence, he replied, "You were crying". Yikes, I feel for his future, (hopefully meladramatic?) wife. He also spent the afternoon in his room, which was tougher on me, I think. But he bolted out of there at 5 p.m. and almost knocked me over with his hug. I'm knockin on all the wood I can find that we are done with this rocks business. Please!

Paige: Informs me she doesn't care to become a mommy or a wife, really. Good. That was my plan, too, and she is me (ADD/EDIT with blonde curly hair, her aunt Gwynn's physique and a tan). No, this gal just wants to dress up as Hello Kitty and perform at children's birthday parties. Okay. If it makes you happy. Oh and she also tells me if you cut the corners off of a square, it becomes a "hectagon". "Where'd you learn that Paige?" I ask. Nowhere. "I just figured it out, Mommy, see watch." I did. And I asked if she could say hexagon, too. She can. And she can hear the x in there. She's reading small words. Avid counter. One to watch; she watches everything. Always has.

Evelyn: TEN MONTHS TODAY!!!! Dream baby is so redundant. But she is. She has a diaper rash and is teething but she hardly complains. She sips without spilling from a cup, eats mostly meat and crunchy carbs (crackers, bread, biscuits, cookies, puffs) and will try anything WE big people are eating. Her golden reddish hair is coming in and she has a sweet ducktail in the back. She has her own belly thumping sign for "more/I want that" and uses a firmly extended, single pointing finger to get her points across. Says "nana, dada, brabroh, mama, neenee, andad" and more.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Great recap of where they are!

paula said...

Oh that Graham .. little rascal!! Sounds like they are all doing really well, wouldn't worry too much about Graham, he sounds like a typical little bloke and so loving with his hugs.