











It's Labor Day weekend. Everyone has left town, it seems, and we are just bACK. I still have a few bags to unpACK, and then I will have to gear up for P&G's big Carnival Party next weekend. I couldn't let any more time go by without the pictures and highlights from our last week in nAntuCKet. Some of the memorable moments were:*Paigie chasing down some wild balloons in the stiff wind off Jetties Beach. She caught them when they reached the dunes. She shared them with Graham, but he let go! She chased them down again and brought them all the way across the slipper-shell-covered beach to me. I tied them to our bag much to her delight.
*We took a boat called the Wauwinet Lady across the harbor and out to Toppers. It was a beautiful 50 minute ride. When we reached the docks of the resort, we were escorted to our table. The waiter whispered to me that they do have children's options like macaroni and cheese or plain spaghetti. No thank you, I said, we'll all just share several dishes. The food was incredible, topped only by the extensive wine list. We were astounded to find the Vino Nobile from Boscarelli (later maybe I can link back to my entry from last June in Tuscany) We spoke at length with the sommolier about Tuscan wines, and we enjoyed our friendly, formal waiter. We couldn't figure out his nationality. I asked. "I am from Poland, My Lady." was his answer. Charming! I asked him what he does in the off-season. Deer Valley. Nice lifestyle.
*We loved the songs and dancing with Hugh Hanley at the Atheneum garden. I tried to upload a video, but I'm having trouble getting it to work.
*The moon was full at the end of our trip. It was spectacular as it rose, big and golden, over the water.
If I get another free moment, I'll add more, but for now I'm off to pay bills, run laundry, unpack, organize and clean! ps Evelyn is 12 weeks old as of yesterday. Wow.
7 comments:
LOVE the pictures -- looks like such a great vacation! And Evie -- WOW!! I can't believe how huge she's getting! Is it a trick of the camera, or is that hair starting to look strawberry-ish??
Josie
indeedy, Josie! It is looking like a cross bw paige and graham's color
So many good pictures! Thanks. I can't believe Evie is 12 weeks old!
Absolutely stunning photos! My favorite of the bunch is the one of Graham and Paige with the setting sun. Beautiful! And I love the color of Evie's hair! 12 weeks old already? No way!! Where does the time go?
Great pictures! I always enjoy looking at the food that you are about to enjoy. I wish that I was more open to try more things. I can't believe that Evie is 12 weeks old!
Lisasim
The islands are heaven on Earth aren't they? Imagine living those pictures all of the time? You are a great Mom giving ACK to them...they will remember it forever. Being a summer Vineyard kid is one of my favorite parts of my childhood! Thanks for sharing!
Regan
Man, looks like you had a terrible time. I especially like the photos of la luna, the terrific dinner, and the sisters grinning at eachother with their dad. The sunset isn't bad, either! Thanks for posting it all!
Post a Comment