




We just returned from a family reunion in Waco, Texas. It was a smashing success! Hosted by Gail and Joe Brooks in their great new home, we all enjoyed bbq, swimming, relaxing under giant trees, catching up and oh yeah, taking about a gazillion photos. I didn't take too many myself, so I am relying on my relatives to send me some to post here. hint hint!

Guide to the pictures shown here:
- Graham took the one of Jill and his Great Uncle Tom .
- Sudie and Paigie profiles. Sigh...
- Gail is the hottie in the pink swimsuit who looks like a teenager (except with perfect skin).
- Jimmy and Becky performed several pieces on the piano. I'm not sure who was more impressed, the adults or the dancing tots
- Bevie is in the picture with P&G in their ladybug floaties. Bevie was a constant attraction for the toddlers in the pool, as was Robert for the slightly bigger kids(someone will hopefully send me an image of him doing a cannonball or being attacked by Jimmy and the other rascals)
And now I will shamelessly boast. Paige and Graham were superb. They made the 4 1/2 hour car ride to Lake Whitney (where we stayed overnight Friday) and the 3 1/2 hour return trip from Waco to Houston without any accidents. We only stopped once each way for potty breaks, too. And there were no accidents the entire visit either. I have no pee-pee soaked clothes to take out of the suitcases. I'm in shock. We lavished them with praise last night. So exciting!
Snuggling before bedtime last night, I said, "It's good to be home." and Paige said, "Yes, Mommy, it's good to be in the hotel, too." Guess we've got a little traveler in our hands.
8 comments:
Great pics Steph!!! Isn't that just amazing that Paige and Graham are doing so very well with their potty training - really happy for them (and you!!) XX
Great pictures!! Love the one of Paige & Graham in the pool! And WTG on no accidents!! :)
The family reunion was SO much fun! I REALLY enjoyed my job as one of the "pool monitors"......all the kids were so sweet and happy. =) I don't think I've ever seen one of our reunions go so well- I mean no big melt downs with the kids and lots of good visiting amongst the adults.
Steph, I love all your pics! I never got to see the picture profile of Sudie and paige- that's SO GREAT! You'll have to send a photp to Sudie! And, yes, Rob was a big hit! His job was mainly to impress the older kids with his cannon balls and, also catapult them high in the air, so they could come splashing down in to the LOVELY saline water( I might add).....
All in all, it was a fantastic Saturday!
OH! How could I forget! Give P&G all my excitment about their car ride with NO POTTY ACCIDENTS!!!!!!!!!! That's so terrific!!
XOXOXOXOXOXO!
Way to go, P&G! Wow. They're really growing up. It was great to see everyone.
Well I searched and searched on the pics for a picture of TOM as I haven't seen him for years I thought I may have missed it!! I can see Joe so ,Steph,where is TOM??It brought back nice memories of the BBQ we had at your Parents house when I came over (years ago) Joe and Tom where there too...we were all squashed up in the Jacuzzi and great fun was had by all hahaha your pics are lovely as usual and the kids did well with no 'accidents' shows they are growing up fast!xx
Tom is mentioned as the picture that Graham (Bush Wacker) took.
Great pics! We had a good time.
Thanks for all the comments, you guys. Yes, Norma, the picture of the couple is Tom and his girlfriend Jill. Joe is pictured behind his wife Gail in the pool.
Oh,wow..he doesn't look like my Tom hahaha he has no red hair!!! where did it go? Hiya,Tom.xx
Post a Comment