

The whole family was in on the fun for our friend Nick's birthday cake. And let me just say, who else but my mom would know I really, really wanted this bunny mold from William Sonoma? And what 32-yr-old man wouldn't want a chocolate bunny cake for his big day?!?! It's one of those things, I sure could have made life easier by buying a boxed cake, but, then, that wouldn't be the Steph way...it was a great experience in patience for us all -- Al and I learning to wait on the kids, let them help, clean up spilled flour, etc and for the kids it was waiting until Nick and Katie arrived for the "party". They also counted and learned sequence. Did I mention we used 5 Pflugerville Pfarm Pfresh eggs? I would like to add that I'm a stickler for spit and food NOT mixing, so all sampling occurred after we had completely iced the cake. Okay okay, here are the pics of the whole process.
(p.s. Graham has had a haircut and Paige is sporting her first big girl ponytail)Don't miss the video of Graham's song for Nick posted below this entry.






7 comments:
What a terrific cake. I am so impressed by Graham's rythm playing guitar left-handed, and his voice tone is nothing short of a top Welsh Eistedfodd participant.
What a great way to start off Saturday morning. Nana and Grandad were in stitches..............
Love PK's first ponytail too! She is so sweet.
Glad you are enjoying the cake pan, as I knew you would. But you really outdid yourself with the decorating - FANTASTIC!!!
What a little model our Paigie is turning out to be and Graham, the troubador, is AWESOME!
Love, Nana
Wow, Steph! It looks incredible. You don't do anything halfway, do you?
Oh my!!!!I absolutely love the bunny! That's so great. And both kids have hair to die for! Paigie looks SOOO grown up in her "big girl pony" and doesn't Graham look so TOTALLY handsome with his new haircut! LOVE IT,Stephie!
And, Happy Birthday Nick! =)
Oh wow Steph, that bunny is so amazing!!! XX
Just watched (with a beaming smile on my face) the video of Graham...wow! awesome! good tone! star in the making! etc etc...I thoroughly enjoy these videos,Steph. and he sure is ready for the stage..the Albert Hall I think with HIS volume haha :o) xxxxxxx
We are so proud to have contributed in our eggy way to that glorious lagomorph cake!
Post a Comment