23 June 2005

#1 To Whom It May Apply: leaving just the square of toilet paper that is GLUED to the tube does not count. Same applies to paper towels.

#2 Children do not cope with change. Since the "Mireya Departure Adjustment" (hereafter referred to as MDA malaise), this week has been by and large wonderful, with two ADORABLE and well behaved tots. Hurrah for Daddy for pitching in this week and helping me while I have been wounded.

#3 I am now the proud owner of some hot micro brand jeans from a very hip little store in Rice Village. They are the size I wore in college. Drop it like it's hot, Mommy. When I tried on the size I have worn the last several years -- pgcy aside -- Paige took one look and said, "Too big!" Isn't she a cunning shopper?!?! She charmed the socks off all the store clerks, and won herself some free swim goggles from one of the girls. She danced on their giant leopard ottoman, tried on sparkly cowgirl belts and blew them kisses bye bye.

#4 Just before the charming shopping trip, Paige screamed through another swim lesson. We are guests of a friend at a club. Naturally I am both horrified that she is being so non-cooperative and determined to show her that pitching fits does not get her out of the half hour torture-session. She is a delight as soon as it is over. Hmmmm. Also noted: She manages to stop wailing in time to hold her breath before going underwater in each of the swimming exercises. There was not a drop that she swallowed. I am wise to her ways and not interested in raising the next Veruka Salt.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Ha ha ha! It is amazing how much toddlers constantly test you. Paige is obviously very smart and observant. Good luck keeping the upper hand!