



In case someone out there reading -- or more aptly viewing since there is a dearth of text these days -- my blog is wondering, yes, there ARE times when I don't bring my camera out. Today, for instance. I managed to sit, amidst the construction chaos, with a sweet trio of friends while our children played all afternoon in the pool. It was great! So, sorry, there are no pics of that. They did have a ball. There were a total of two boys and six girls. They ate a watermelon, monkey bread, strawberry butter and a pint of blueberries for a snack. I'd bet a lot of money every last one of them is sound asleep in their beds by now. It was exhausting just watching them. And then, I did have to keep popping up to deal with window installers, water softener guy, brick layers, and on and on...
Yesterday I snapped these images of the neighborhood Peanuts Gang playing in our lot. Pierce even caught a green anole barehanded! The dog is the Millers' new havanese named Navajo. I am so tired my joints ache like an old man. Thank goodness Al came home tonight and is fetching a yummy takeout dinner. Another day of a zillion contractor decisions/interactions, flying dust, swarming children and various other juggling feats. I am NOT bored!
Here is my self-portrait. I cut my palm lifting a cinderblock covered in tile.
7 comments:
Please,please tell me,Stephanie,what is all that building work and where is it..and the house that Dad took pics of ..is it THAT one next to yours? oh I am flumoxxed now so please answer this..also why are the children allowed near the Builders? isn't it dangerous? :( anyway all the other pictures as per usual are smashing! xx
Aunty Norma.
We are making a little green space where there once was an abandoned house (remember the creepy blog entry?) Oh yes, it is dangerous, and that is why they are attracted to it, like bees to honey. I have given them strict instructions to play in one corner of the lot, away from the workers. We put down some fresh, clean, organic dirt, and I do encourage them to wear shoes. But the children love to be barefoot in the dirt, and they are so industrious with their fort-building. We now have most of the fences rebuilt and will soon move on to putting in the vegetable beds, pergola, trees and grass. All we need to install after that is our dear Auntie Norma, snoozing in a hammock in the shade...
Fresh, clean dirt. Love it! Can't wait to see what it looks like when you're done!
Josie
Yes, Josie it does sound laughable. Unless you saw what was there before. Then you'd know. There is such a thing as fresh clean dirt v. flea infested, moldy rot.
Oh, I know the difference, and not laughing! I just personally know quite a few people who wouldn't find ANY dirt to be fresh and clean. Their kids are sadly deprived of the chance to build forts, dig in the garden, etc., in service of "staying clean".
Fleas give me the heebie-jeebies...
Josie
Ahhh,Steph. I'm there in my dreams in that Hammock swinging away waiting for my cool Tequila Sunrise that Bev and Eric made for me the first time I came to America..one last 'nosy' question..do YOU own the land? sorry another question ..and if not how are you allowed to grow veg. etc on it? Thank-you. :) xx
Auntie Norma.xx
Erik just saw the pictures of your construction zone and said "Mom, I wanna go there. Sometime SOON." That yard is attractive all the way from NY!
Josie
Post a Comment