10 April 2009

Behold the power of Leica





Photography is my most practiced hobby these days as this blog attests, and I get lots of inquiries about what cameras I use. For the quick draw, you can't beat a little Sony in your pocket. For easy printouts, I love my Kodak EasyShare docking system. But for amazing portraits, I needed more power. I think I just climbed to the top of the high dive and jumped off without much skill or training, but here are my first snaps of a Leica M8 with a Summilux lens. It is a powerful German phenom!
Our neighbor friend, Pierce


8 comments:

jglitter said...

Oh my - I am coveting the Leica M8.
Thank you for answering my question. I shoot with a Leica M5 and have been on the fence about going digital, not happy with the digital SLR's. The M8 has been out of my price range and I've been trying to rationalize a purchase. I'm turning 40 soon....well you can see where this is going...I might have to do it!

Unknown said...

M8 has gone down in price since they came out with the fully-autoM8.2. Hope that helps!

Emily said...

Wow, beautiful shots!

jglitter said...

Thanks, that does help - I'm off to see prices!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vetmommy said...

Yeah, a really good camera + really good talent = amazing photos. Witness Anthony, my friend Lisa, and now, you.

get2eric said...

I want one.

jglitter said...

A friend who just bought one must have purchased the 8.2 - which is why I thought it was beyond my reach. I'm happy to report the 8 is do-able for a 40th bday! Did you use flash on your images? Or is it available light? You are very talented, I have always loved the images you take of your family and friends. They are intimate and sensitive. Thanks for sharing them.