03 July 2006

Italy, part two: Florence and more

Making stuffed squash blossoms at Trattoria La Rampa, just down the side "ramp" from the Spanish Steps.

Dinner in Montalcino
Lunch in MontalcinoEven our wc was a room with a view at the castle!

Me standing under the archways of the overhead skybridge built by the Medici family so they could go from their residence to the office (Uffizi) in safety, seclusion and separation from the masses.
The Ponte Vecchio (old bridge) so-called because it is the only bridge in Florence that survived WWII bombings. It is covered in jewelry shops.
Just a little picturesque fruit-stand on a side street in Florence.
The Cathedral in Florence.
This is the limewood shop we visited in Florence, where they have made hat and shoe molds for many generations. This guy, our guide, was a third-generation craftsman.
One more pic from Rome to squeeze in here (the site won't let me put any more photos in the other post) As you probably recognized, this is us, very jet-lagged, in front of the Colloseum.

6 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Those pictures are bellissima, and it looks like you guys really packed a good time into just one week! More stories, per favore.

Anonymous said...

Beatiful...just beautiful..and Thank-you,Steph. x

Emily said...

The views are incredible! Glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

All great pictures Steph! I really like the one of you standing under the archway. You look so relaxed and happy.

Lisasim

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOO jealous! I can't wait until Joe and I can make our way over there!

I also love the one of you in the archway! Beautiful gal!!

Anonymous said...

Such incredible pics Steph, you and Al look so happy (and extremely attractive) XXXX