30 October 2005

Fin de Semana de los Vives

Here they are both feeding Daddy ice cream! Saying, "Cheese!" (note the blue m&m!)

We had a great weekend after a busy week for me. Paige is doing VERY well with her potty training. We still have mistakes, but we had our first all-day-no-mistakes day yesterday. It was really remarkable because we were out and about so much and she was shopping with her daddy during several trips to the potty, including a poop. I am so proud of her. We went out to dinner, and the kids both ate my blackbean soup. "Beans! Beans! Beans! I want more beans!" Graham exclaimed. It was so scripted-sounding that Al and I cracked up! We also treated them with some Marble Slab ice cream. Graham chose chocolate ("chocobatte") with sprinkles, and Paige picked birthday cake mix flavor with m&ms ("emenees")

Today we ate a picnic lunch in the park in front of our house. I dragged out the old wicker chaise lounge from our patio furniture cemetery (behind the garage) and covered it with a quilt and body pillow so that neighbor could picnic with us and her family despite being on bedrest. She's 36 weeks now, and so the lil guy doesn't have too much longer in there. I think she'd be happy with him coming at the end of this week...stay tuned.

After the picnic, all four kids painted a giant cardboard box and transformed it into a playhouse. It was such a sight! It all went crazy after Graham experimented with painting his hands blue. The Millers took photos, so I'll post some when I receive copies. It was bedlum, and then we had them march down to our house to all take a shower in the outdoor shower. Luckily, the paint was very water soluble!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fabulous time!! Isn't Paige doing well with her potty training!! Really great!! I'm glad it's not just me (sorry Luke) that enjoys painting cardboard boxes you should try gluing tissue paper on as well, now that's messy XX

Anonymous said...

Absoulutely loved the pictures...Paige has such a sweet,angel face about her..and Graham(if you look closely) has a big,lovingly smile for his daddy.So sweet.

WOW! Go Paige! That's awesome a WHOLE day with no accidents! Go,girl!

Hope you guys have a wonderful Halloween! I had such fun last year being apart of the kids' Halloween...They've come so far in their maturity and dialect...I bet they'll have a better time this year. =)

XOXO,
Bevie

Emily said...

Sounds like great fun! What are the kids going to be for Halloween?

Vetmommy said...

Yea, Paige. Funny, I saw a box that we had doodled on in our recycle bin today and thought, I should tell Steph about that, since she gets lots of packages...