11 August 2008

Home Again Home Again Jiggety Jig

The long trip home was not nearly as hard as I was thinking it could be on a 4 hour flight with just one parent and three children. Paige and Graham sat together and had a new Klutz book as well as their dvd player AND the airline showed Kung Fu Panda, which helped. The flight attendants assisted them in many ways, and Evelyn slept for take-off and landing. In between, yes, there were trials, pacing of aisles and strangers with frowns and smiles (forgive the rhyming, I'm tired and punchy) But it wasn't too painful except for one rice cake Ev insisted I eat and she shoved it in my gums. I even managed to paper the seat for Paige while Ev was strapped in the baby bjorn and we three girls were all in the lav without touching any disgusting surfaces. We left with clean hands and successful efforts. I appreciated the compliments from the flight attendant. The best part was the jubilation when we saw Daddy in baggage claim and then again at home in the driveway for Nana and Grandad. The smells, the air-conditioning, the order and stuff of home. All tucked in bed. Pictures from Seattle and some worth revisting from Nantucket soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your flight home was successful and not too stressful. Our house is TOO quiet and we miss all the excitment of having three little ones around. We are already looking forward to your next visit.
Love to all of you,
Cathy

Emily said...

Welcome home!