28 January 2008

South Texas (re)Treat

















After all the sickness around here, I was worried I would not have the stamina to go a-hunting, but a-hunting we did go this past weeked. It was spectacular. Great weather, for scent conditions anyway, great birds, great fun, good times. Paige and Graham had a big ol time on the truck, searching for and finding shed horns and havalina jaw bones to bring to school for show-and-tell. Everyone had a blast (esp a few unfortunate quail!), and noone wanted to come home!

6 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Looks like you had a great time and wonderful weather. Everything's orange!

Brandy said...

Fantastic photos! I love the one of Paige and Graham in the tree! And of course, the group shot at the end!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen so much orange since I left the monks in Sri Lanka. Looks like just what the doctor ordered! Do you want chicken pox to go with your havalina now?
JENNY

Vetmommy said...

Ooh, you added more!

Emily said...

I really enjoyed all these photos. Great shots.
The one of Paige and Graham each holding a quail reminds me of Anna holding one of the dove at Thanksgiving and saying, "Aw, poor dove...Can we eat him now?"

paula said...

I love that story of Anna and the dove!!

Sounds like you had a lot of fun !!