13 November 2007

Roadtrip to Lexington










My cousin Bev turned 18 yesterday, so we piled in the car and headed west to see her. After all, nothing is more important than family. The day was special, in an understated way. For show-and-tell today, Graham took a picture of my Uncle Lee throwing a football with him under the big Texas sky. Paige took a similar picture of herself with my Aunt Cinda, gazing at a horse in the adjacent pasture as they stood next to some giant haybails.
It's corny but true, it seems like yesterday Bevie was a cotton-topped toddler with smooshy cheeks and percocious 'tude. Now she is about to make her way in this world, and I can't wait to see how she does it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, so sorry I missed the big day for Bevie. I was able to call her from the airport and sing Happy Birthday to her. Nice family pics and I think P & G chose great pictures for show and tell - wonderful stories there!
Love, M/Nana

Anonymous said...

Great photos. Love the one with the hay bales.

I can't get over how big Evie is! Didn't you just have her yesterday??

Anonymous said...

There is nothing better then a day spent with family.

Lisasim

Emily said...

Yes, I agree. Each time I see Rob or Bev I'm amazed at how grown up they are. Weren't they just 2 and 4 and sitting on our laps as we read "Goodnight Moon"?

Anonymous said...

Watched the last video on your dad's blog -- it looks like you brought my dog home with you! I think yellow Labs are about the friendliest, least brainy animals out there -- our Abby took off and went home with another family one year at Christmas. Took us two days to get her back, though the name and number were on her collar. Hope your guest goes home sooner than that!

Josie