04 May 2007

Interview by Vetmommy

1. What is the hardest part of your job?
In a month, I'm sure the answer will be sleep deprivation! For today, the answer is that I never have enough patience. But my how my patience has grown since becoming a mom.

2. What is the best thing about living in Houston?
This town is unbelievably into supporting the arts and philanthropy. It is really a place about life with meaning. You can make a buck here, and those who do usually spread it around. That is what makes Houston special. Well, that and the downtown Spec's of course.

3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
ONE?! One memory that stands alone? Riding the roller coasters at Six Flags with Cinda was the most exhillerating. Swimming in the pool in Coppell with you guys was the most fun. Eating entire sleeves of Trefoils with Em on Saturday nights while watching Love Boat and Fantasy Island was a silly but oh-so-good recurring event. Selling enough Keep the Spirit Alive pins to win roundtrip first class airfare to NYC and tickets to the Statue of Liberty venues with Mommy and Daddy was the most amazing. Eating fish and chips out of newspaper and cheshire cheese purchased from farmers on trips to the UK was the most indelible taste memory.

4. How do you think your life would have been different if you had not won the Miss Texas competition?
You devil, outing me on my blog, huh? I would say the ways that experience changed me are not the obvious. First of all, I treasure my anonymity. Perhaps if I had not gone through that experience I would not know how good it is to be unfamous. Also, as you know, the whole thing catapulted me into self actualization. Those people were ruthless and cold! It tested my inner strength in ways that forced me to be independent and bullish on making my own path. So without it, I don't know if I would have carved my path so readily or been satisfied and assured of my life choices.

5. If you could give your children one natural ability, a talent that would come to them easily, what would it be?
Ooh, the ability to discern at all times according to the serenity prayer: "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Those are my answers to Jenn's questions. If any of you want me to interview you, leave a comment and I'll email you your own qs.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Great answers. Okay, I'm game...

Vetmommy said...

Very good! Sorry, didn't mean to out you there... it was too good of a subject not to explore.

Anonymous said...

Learning all sorts of things!
Erica

Anonymous said...

Wow! Miss Texas! What year?

Those are some great answers -- you're an awesome writer, Steph!

Jo