10 January 2006

Retrieving Nana and Grandad




Yesterday was a big day. We started the morning with our first art class at ArtMix. Danielle encouraged us to sign up -- I'm so glad she did. Oliver and Paige and Graham had the whole place to themselves. Paige and Graham both enjoyed it, and I was so impressed that they were able to walk right in, feel comfortable, follow instructions, and CREATE!

Then we loaded up and headed for Galveston to pick up Nana and Grandad, who were returning from their cruise and needed a ride to the airport. The trip was great because it was loaded with sights like BIG BOATS, trains and airplanes.

Paige and Graham lavished Nana and Grandad with affection at lunch, on the beach and in the car. As we drove up to the airport and talked about how Nana and Grandad were about to get out of the car, a sleepy Paige said, "Nana, you live here?"

9 comments:

Emily said...

Nana was so taken with Paige yesterday, she told me last night. I love the bows in her hair! And I'm really excited for you and them about their new art class. What a great idea.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea about the art class!!! Another advantage is that they make the painty mess somewhere else!! Now, I must get back to scrubbing orange paint off the carpet !!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh,Stephanie...I just enlarged the pictures...wonderful .honestly...the pic of Bev and Paige is just ooozing with LOVE and a 'secret' that they are sharing, don't you agree they look like a pair of conspiriters (or is that ors?) :o)xx

Vetmommy said...

Bows!!! So cute!

Anonymous said...

What great memories Steph! I love all the pictures, but the one of you and Paige on the beach is awesome!! The look on both of your faces is priceless.
Claire has the same shirt as Paige is wearing :)
Lisasim

Anonymous said...

What a great way to end a fabulous cruise for Nana and Grandad! =) I love all the pictures....most especially the one of Nana and Paige!!!!!!!!! So adorable....and Yeah! Miss Paigie can finally wear bows!

By the way, that art class looks really neat! Isn't great how independent they are?

Love that post!

Love ya-Bevie-

Anonymous said...

Ok, Ok, Ok! I admit, I love this pic too, of Paigie & Nana. The best part was being able to sip from one straw while Paige sipped out of hers. Of course, originally it was my idea, I said, "Paige, would you like to have a straw in Nana's water?" She shook her head - YES. So she unwrapped her straw and stuck it in and took a long sip. Then, while her straw was still in her mouth, she pointed to my straw and then pointed to me, thus instructing me to join her. Yes, we have bonded and she is my precious, little Paigie Poo!!!! Love, Nana

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so sweet auntie Bev, I was just looking at the pictures again when I noticed your comment, I was going to say to Steph what great pictures she takes, they are always so well lit and artistic. Hope you had a lovely time on you holiday!!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! That last one is fantastic!