30 September 2009

Flying over the French Alpes











This trip could not have been more pinch-me amazing. While life may not take me to Sardinia ever again, I will have some fantastic memories of the island. The bountiful fresh vegetable-laden food, the crisp flatbread, the ocre-hued houses on the hills against the azure water, zipping around on not one but TWO gigantic yachts, attempting and failing brilliantly at wakeboarding, champagne flowing, jumping off the side of the yacht into the water, laughing whole-heartedly with a Shaikh, chatting about home renovations with an Ambassador, gaining perspective on the world from a Russian, an Indian, a Spaniard, and a Brit...well, I know I am redundant but it was just flabbergasting.

The picture of me just below was taken by Al in Madrid (Parque del Retiro)

5 comments:

get2eric said...

Good pics. Kids are eager for your return.

Emily said...

Love the last one of you & Al!

Anonymous said...

Loving all the pictures Steph! Looks and sounds like you are having a wonderful time!

Lisa

jglitter said...

Awww, love that last pic! Sounds wonderful!

Kristi said...

Last year when we went on our yacht trip I fought it tooth and nail... first the thought of being on a boat did not appeal to me...BOY was I mistaken! It was 240 feet of floating heaven!

The crew and staff that are trained for that level have an amazing sense of timing to bring you whatever you are thinking or desire. I truly did not want to leave.

I am impressed your photography skills have rubbed off on Al - he took a great shot!

What a great photo album you will have! Lots of fun times and romantic memories!

vivir la vida buena!!!