but one thing is clear as can be, I know that I could be happy with you my darling if you could be happy with me
In high school, we performed a campy musical called The Boyfriend. It was hideously sappy, and I think would have been more suited to a transgendered/drag queen rendition in ala San Francisco nightclubs, but anyway, I remember the choir director, even though I had a very small part, ranting one day to the cast as we stood mid-rehearsal on stage, stupified in our flapper dresses, "Why don't you know your lines by now?!?! Stephanie D***** has the entire thing memorized already, all your parts!" I guess I mouthed along with everyone, just like my grandmother does as you speak (although, she doesn't know what you'll say next, and it does get distracting watching her whole mouth go and go while you are trying to tell a story) ANYWAY, can you tell I had two cups of coffee this morning? Today's entry title is from one of the songs in that musical.
Graham got sent home from school yesterday for throwing pebbles. This is cardinal rule numero uno at his school. He spent the rest of the morning, quietly in his room, writing apology notes to the playground director and the bff who turned him in to the authorities (rightfully so) I have edited out the names on the templates I wrote for him to follow.
Owls left the tree when the blustery, gloomy cold weather came in from the North. They are back on this glorious, sunny day. Also pictured here are neighborhood buddies, and a very noisy but fun moment where they were a ragtag band of tinkertoys and musical instruments. They were relegated to indoor play since it was sprinkling and in the low 50s outside!

4 comments:
I know he broke a very big rule but awww bless him, that little picture of him writing the apology notes, it pulls at my heartstrings. Am sure he learnt his lesson XX
The number one rule at Colin's school is "no biting." It'll get you expelled. Guess what he did last week? Bit his friend Sean. I think he mostly got a mouthful of shirt, but STILL! He was frustrated about something and the words were not working, so he resorted to BITING. He claimed ignorance of the law. These boys! How they test the limits! And our patience!
Damned testosterone.
Not Graham! He is perfect in my eyes and still is! Good Mamma having him write this notes though. Hugs to my favorite red head!
Regan
I'm with Paula, I felt for him writing his apology notes.
Love the ragtag little band!
Post a Comment