
















Saturday night was memorable. The Killer, Jerry Lee Lewis himself, performed at the fundraiser for the Nantucket Boys and Girls Club. We were guests of the Hacketts, and we got out on the dance floor with the mostly-my-parents-age crowd. It was so fun just dancing silly to the simple, classic rock-n-roll beats. I told Al I could just see my mom dancing the watusie (no idea how that one is spelled) and I did my best to do her classic ponytail bouncin' moves. I remember watching her with pride and awe as a little girl. My mom is a good dancer and her generation has definite style to their dancefloor moves. It is all about innocent fun, if you block out the fact that a lot of his lyrics are about teens (chantilly lace and a purty face...and Sweet sixteen) and that he married his 14 yr-old cousin. Now his gray hair doesn't flop around when he's at the keyboard, his hands shake a bit but he can still tickle the ivories and make a floor full of feet boogie woogie. It was fun.
Yesterday kicked off Race Week and we enjoyed the parade of sailboats leaving the harbor from our vantage point at Brandt Point Beach. Memorable feasting yesterday, too, with the hotel's amazing brunch and our dinner on the porch overlooking the water at Straight Wharf Grill. Dinner included a striped bass with local farm beans, tomatoes and mint. Dessert was a nectarine and berry gallette. mmmm.
Edited to add the bathtime conversation tonight:
"Grahaaaaaaam! We were playing together so nicely and then you had to go and crash me."
Mom:"No splashing guys."
Them:"No we weren't splashing." "He was crashing. But crashing and splashing rhyme don't they mom?"
Mom:"Yes, you're right."
"Grahamie, when I try to nap you keep me up talking and then when I try to bath you crash me. What are we going to do with you, buddy?"
"Put me on stage!"
9 comments:
Woah! you added more pics while I wasn't looking.
Evie has a double chin.
Scrappy looking beach but the water and boats look good.
Some very nice pics.
Man those are some beautiful photos. You guys must be having a grand ol' time.
LOL! "Put me on stage"?!? That boy cracks me up.
I love the pirate mustaches, too!
Aw, Gee -- thanks for the compliments on my dancing! It is fun to dance to that type of music. The place looks just fabulous and fun! "Put me on stage!?!?!" He's tooooo much!
Love, Nana
This comment is from cousin Anna:
Thank you for your comments, Paige and Graham. I really enjoyed them. Graham I am writing you back instead of calling you. I really thought that was sweet when I heard what you said about me. I am having fun in Houston with Nana and Grandad. Sophie is doing good, we saw her today.
Love, Anna
It looks like you are having a wonderful time. Such a beautiful family.
Jenn
Wow. That looks like dreamland! Your children have, officially, the best swimwear I have ever seen!
Enjoy, and we can take some watusi intensives when you get back. Such fun!
love
Jenny P.
What amazing photos, love them all, absolutely beautiful. XX
I am so glad you are sharing how truly wonderful the islands are! There is not a gorgeous place where ever you turn! You should send the White Elephant the one wiht the twins in front of their flags. No that I showed the picture of Evie sleeping on the beach at 9 weeks like my kids did to my neighbor who is still afraid to take her one year old to the beach because of naps! Argh! Thanks for sharing all of your good times Steph!
Regan
Post a Comment