06 June 2007

Should I stay or should I go?

This is what I imagine the baby's brain is contemplating right now. "Hmmm, the door is ajar, and somebody tickled my head [Dr stripped the membranes] this morning, the walls are squeezing a lot, but, gee, I like it in here..."

I always said I was lucky with the twins that my water broke first, because I knew we were going to have them then. Well, with this one, I think it might be different. I've had lots of contractions for many days now close together that show promise then cease. Definitely having some more serious contractions today.

I am trying to remain relaxed until my mom returns from her business trip to San Antonio. I don't want her to miss the big day! I haven't called Al home from work yet either. But I did gather my stuff, including my toiletries so you know I'm not taking it too lightly. I just don't want to get my hopes up to high that today is the day. ooooooooooooooooooh there's another one...............

8 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! So exciting!!! I'm waiting for the call!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, I can't wait! Sounds promising! Try and update before you head into the hospital!
Erica

Anonymous said...

This is excrutiatingly exciting!
Regan

Lisa said...

Tears of joy for you Steph! I can't wait :)
lisasim

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so excited for you Steph! I hope this is it!! Come on baby girl!! Come out and meet everyone!!

Anonymous said...

This is too exciting! Hope this is it for you! Keep us posted.

get2eric said...

Man, did Mommy and I enjoy our dinner that Al got us while we were on call this evening. Although we were all ready for the babby (sp) (OKAY)... to come, she is once again delaying it a bit.
'sOkay, were are just all a little anxious anticipating the REAL thing.

paula said...

Ouch for the membrane sweep!!! Sounds like you are almost there Steph, keep everything crossed (apart from the legs). Big hugs!!