19 March 2007

An abundance of caution

Last night I was up suffering with stomach cramps and rushing to the potty, so this morning at my routine OB checkup, I must have raised a few too many of their warning flags with my answer to the question, "So, how are you feeling?" They sent me directly to the hospital for monitoring and iv fluids. The baby is FINE. I am okay (headache, queasiness, intestinal issues aside) and all is well. Al came home from work to be with the kids. I made it home by late afternoon. So none of my planned activities for the day were accomplished, but I'll take a pile of laundry over a preterm baby any day!

Man, Nana & Grandad can't get here fast enough. Oh, by the way, I have the keys to their new townhome home sitting right here waiting for them. Yeah! (sorry for the error in the first edition of this post, now edited for you grandad)

10 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Yikes, that is a lot to deal with. Glad it was all "just to be on the safe side."

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to be there soon, too! Hang in there and see you soon -
Love, Nana & Grandad

grandad says said...

Snot a condo. 'Tis a Townhouse........

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope you're feeling better soon Steph!

Anonymous said...

So glad you and baby are ok! Sounds like you are feeling pretty lousy though! Rest up!
Erica

Anonymous said...

You really have to get out of the habit of making these hospital visits!! I can't BELIEVE how many times you've been in already...

Hope you're feeling 100% very very soon...

Jo

Anonymous said...

You really have to get out of the habit of making these hospital visits!! I can't BELIEVE how many times you've been in already...

Hope you're feeling 100% very very soon...

Jo

Anonymous said...

Glad everything turned out ok and I hope you are feeling much better soon!
Love, Regan

Emily said...

Yuk. I agree with Jo, try not to be a frequent flier with the hospitals, k? Glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Gosh!! Stephanie! you like to give us these 'starts' don't you...better look after yourself a bit more,huh? that little 'un wants to come out NOW hahaah :o) xx