10 March 2009

My new job, one small step for babykind

I have a new job. And I'm the manager, to boot! Ever since visiting Cathy and Uncle Buck (er, I mean Richard) last summer and enjoying the amazing comforts of not only their hospitality but their church's cry/nurse room, I have felt our church was sorely lacking! So many times I was a lone ranger, nursing discretely but openly in the narthex while watching the service on the tv there. No more. I am now heading up the effort to install a suitable room at our home church.

I haven't felt this excited in a while. Just thinking of all those pregnant bellies (my mom has been making note of the Ike-surge of gestating ladies) and how lucky those babes will be to be nursed at will even on Sunday mornings makes me giddy.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Cool! Sounds like a great project for you.

paula said...

Fabulous idea, good luck with it am sure you will do a sterling job!

Vetmommy said...

Keep us updated on your efforts!

Anonymous said...

excellent job! I remember nursing Jack one time while sitting in a bathroom stall at our church in Richmond. Needless to say, it was not pleasant nor very spiritual! - Allison

Anonymous said...

I'm sure all the mothers of infants and pregnant moms appreciate your enthusiasm. Hope it's a project without any problems or setbacks. We look forward to frequent updates on your progress.

Cathy and Uncle Buck

Anonymous said...

Well done,Steph.! just don't get 'the Itch' again will you? :)

Brilliant idea though.

A.Norma.x