18 May 2008

How to see Paris with an 11-month-old



We had the most unbelievable weather for the three days we spent in Paris last week. So sunny, such blue skies. We walked all over the place, and, with Evelyn strapped to my chest, it was a great way to see everything and feel guilty about NOTHING we ate or drank. All the sights were sparkling in the fresh bright air. Evelyn would nap, eat, wave to her adoring fans, clap for joy and then repeat it all again. Wow, it was a treasured time. She seemed to relish the one-on-two time with us, and her little spitfire personality was amplified by the attention paid to her by not only her parents but all of Paris! I have the worst luck trying to attach my captions for these pictures with proper placement in blogger, so I hope you can make out which thing goes with which piccy. Here we are at sunset on the Pont Neuf about to board our boat on the Seine.
Al got a brief but happy turn wearing the baby bjorn carrier as we took a walk through St. Germain du Pres and the Latin Quarter. Evie fell asleep facing outward and looked hillarious.

Evelyn and I enjoyed a gorgeous morning shopping in a converted wine vat alley. She took a break from the carrier and stretched her legs, uh, booty with a little wiggle dance on the bench for all the passersby to enjoy
We strolled through gardens filled with proud, yes, very proud and loud (like the baboons of the avian world) peacocks strutting their stuff

Upon our arrival, we walked through the Tuilleries under the blazing warm sun, eating sorbet and enjoying all the sunbathers... like walking in a Seurat painting
Speaking of art, I've always imagined myself in a Renoir painting, although I was hoping more Moulin de la Galette than this stunning parallel! (yes, Ev's nursing in this picture)

Ev might have been wondering
"So, how many of those "pains chocolats" can I buy with these euros, Mommy?" Here we lunched on the second level of Musee d'Orsay under breathtaking frescos.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, beautiful pictures.

Brandy said...

Fantastic photos Stephanie!! Looks like you all had a great time! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful..just beautiful..



Auntie Norma.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Paris through all of your eyes. Great pictures!
Lisasim

Anonymous said...

I ncredible pictures of an incredible trip Steph! Evie is a pretty lucky baby girl! You are making wonderful memories!
Love, Regan

Anonymous said...

mais oui! I like the perrier glass shot, but I was hoping to see a wine glass shot just to stick it to the silly 'mericuns after that crazy-lady incident!!!
thanks for all the beauty,
Jenny

Shari said...

Steph, looks like we just missed each other, we left Paris on the 4th! Wasn't it lovely?
Shari