Okay, here we sit, and our morning is still unfolding slowly. Graham has been in my lap drawing an elaborate piece for Nana. Now Paige is in my lap drawing her pictures for Nana. She says, "Oh, Nana sooooo happy I draw dis Nana. I color 'nother one for Nana. I need more colors. Thanks, Mommy."
Meanwhile Graham says, "I go tunnel Mommy." and he climbs under the desk where my feet are. Then he licks the tops of my feet and says, "I make Mommy's feet all messy." He pushes the thin layer of slobber around with his little fingers. My feet are all warm with toddler breath and spit.
Back to Paige in my lap, she's still saying, "Nana so happy get this! It's dots on it." and ducking her head under my arm to see her drawing as I type. I'm grateful that Graham has moved on to playing with his Little People circus and saying, "Bouncy bouncy! Look estrella" rather than licking my feet. "That's my brother. He very silly," she says.
I love this age.
4 comments:
Ha ha ha...I love the Paigie-speak! And I agree, Graham was being silly. They do enjoy giggling, don't they?
Nana will be happy for her pictures, I'm sure. Auntie Em always enjoys them, too!
That's funny,Steph! No, I don't think Graham covering your feet in slobber is "disturbing".....just a silly toddler thing. =) I,also, love the Paigie-talk...wow..very articulate!
Have a good, restful Monday,
Bevie
Oh aren't they so cute, it's funny how they can do the most outrageous things and we still find it endearing. I think it's so lovely that they play so much together. It made me smile when you mentioned Graham's Little People circus, Luke loves the Little People stuff.
Hilarious! They are at such a good age! You're really going to love the holidays with them this year!
Post a Comment